Saturday, July 7, 2018

An Interesting Training Game Played On 7th July 2018

Standard time control (90 minutes initial time + 30 seconds increment per move)



Learning Points
  • I like certain type of decision making over "innocent" piece exchanges (e.g. 21...Qxd2 initiating the Queen exchange, 22...Red8 and not 22...Rad8)
  • I am still bad with pawn breaks -- many opportunities lost. 
  • My mental strength and mind games are relatively well played!
  • Was lucky to survive the opening after messing up a normal move (9...Ngf6 should be played instead of 9...Ne7). But interestingly, it is not bad to the point of becoming unplayable.
  • This opening (Caro Kann defense) suits my playing style very much: try to survive the opening, then slowly crawl back into the game. I think it also helps that I enjoy playing this opening on both sides.
Thank you for your time looking at this. Please feel free to share or exchange any pointers for learning purpose!


Yours sincerely
Yujing
(aka newbie_learner)
(aka scorekeeper @ Singapore Chess Meetup)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Play Chess in Singapore 2021 (COVID times)

It's probably been a year since I updated this chess blog. Due to the current global pandemic, over the board (OTB) chess has been so ba...