Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday Games at Siglap South CC

Today, I played 3 rapid games (15 minutes initial time + 10 seconds increment per move) with a couple of kids. Hopefully, it will help them in their upcoming National Schools Individual tournament next week. 

Again, I don't have the luxury of time to review the games played at Siglap South CC Chess Club today, so the one-click tactical analysis function of Chessbase 15 will have to do.


Just 1 to share the most interesting moment of the game (to me):

A Different Kiddo (White) v.s. newbie_learner (Black)

Game Position After 10.dxe5

Even though not objectively best, I accepted the challenge with 10...Nxe5 and after 11.Qd4! which my young opponent played, I found 11...Nfd7! and after 12.Bb5!? I burnt quite a bit of time on my clock but managed to find the only move 12...f6. (The exclamation marks were given by Tactical Analysis, not me).

It's unfortunate that I only "managed" to draw a won position again, but better draw than lose a winning position due to time pressure right? Was living on increments in the endgame, as always. (Bishop + 6 pawns v.s. Knight + 4 pawns).


Yours sincerely
Ong Yujing (Eugene)
a.k.a. newbie_learner
Siglap South CC Chess Quartet

2 comments:

Where to Play Chess in Singapore 2021 (COVID times)

It's probably been a year since I updated this chess blog. Due to the current global pandemic, over the board (OTB) chess has been so ba...