Sunday, November 4, 2018

The Best Sunday Chess Session @ Siglap South CC to Date

A big claim (best session to date) which I feel substantiated.

First, I apologise if some of the kids feel 'neglected', but this is the first time some of the adult players today, including myself, have made arrangements for long standard 90 + 30 games in advance. William arranged with me to play his maiden 90 + 30 game, while Weng Chew, the founder of Cashew Chess Club actually came all the way from Bukit Panjang to Siglap South CC to play with Seng Chin (currently the strongest player amongst the Siglap South CC Chess Quartet ^o^)

I'm not too sure what happened between Seng Chin and Weng Chew's games. We only knew afterwards that 2 games were actually played and Seng Chin won both. In Weng Chew's own words after the session, "Just my day off this afternoon. Lost in the opening after being tied up hand and feet. Bad game with no quality stuff for study." Sorry to hear that. But it was heartening to know that Weng Chew is coming back for more training (it's really quite a distance to cover) if he has no private training games arranged.

Update on 5th Nov: Thanks to Weng Chew's sharing, one of the miniatures he played with Seng Chin, the game position can be seen on this Facebook page.

Anyway, the following was my game with William. I have checked with the engines, and have nothing much else to add on to my personal thoughts on the game. If you have any tips or advice for either of us, please share!


I'm sorry for the poorly taken pictures, but the following were the best I could manage today.


2 of the Siglap South CC Chess Quartets, Seng Chin (left) and Eric (right) playing on the 


I was trying to capture as many people as possible, standing at the location where the dustbin resides ^o^ But I still failed =(


A not so well-taken picture of the Siglap South CC Chess Quartet. 
Oh well, A for effort ^o^

Games Captured on DGT Smart Board
I encourage everyone at Siglap South CC to take turns to play on the DGT Smart Board. I hope it gives you a good playing experience The games captured on the DGT Board can be found in this chessbase generated link. Players are not identified, but I hope the interface and features would be useful enough for whoever is reviewing their own games.

Official hour runs from 3pm-6pm, but we ran overtime again and finished at 8pm ^o^

See you again soon!


Yours sincerely
Ong Yujing (Eugene)
a.k.a. newbie_learner
Siglap South CC Chess Quartet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Play Chess in Singapore 2021 (COVID times)

It's probably been a year since I updated this chess blog. Due to the current global pandemic, over the board (OTB) chess has been so ba...