Sunday, September 9, 2018

Grinding Chess Games @ Siglap South CC on 9th Sept 2018

Unlike some of the older school of chess players / coaches who opine that fast chess is a waste of time in terms of learning, I actually feel that it is a good way to check out one's familiarity with openings. I played a mixture of a few slow games with several fast games today -- I'm glad for the learning experience, esp. over a couple of positions which I misplayed and got into a severe disadvantage / objectively lost ones.

I guess it may be a bit "boring" to only share the games played, but I guess it's not realistic to have exciting games and days every time, every day =) In addition, I have my opponents to thank -- some openings, I really don't have that much experience with/against. Playing with you guys make me learn the opening / position faster! This was very valuable as I do not (like to) play chess games over the internet.

Also, need to thank my newly acquired DGT Board. Thank you for recording these blitz games for me, so that I can review them afterwards!

Game Collections @ Siglap South CC via DGT Smart Board



Yours sincerely
Ong Yujing (Eugene)
a.k.a. newbie_learner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Play Chess in Singapore 2021 (COVID times)

It's probably been a year since I updated this chess blog. Due to the current global pandemic, over the board (OTB) chess has been so ba...