Saturday, June 30, 2018

An Interesting Training Game Played on 30 June 2018

It's been 1-2 years since I played with this young lady. As expected, she has improved a lot. I was really lucky to win this, having to crawl back from a bad position out of the opening (as usual, LOL)



Lessons Learned
1. Exchanges are never "innocent" -- I'm generally okay with the exchanges I made, especially on how I got my a1 Rook into action.

2. But I think I never resolve the pawn tension in the middle of the Board well enough.

3. It is VERY difficult to exploit an opening advantage to perfection -- if you don't happen to know how to play the position correctly, it is too time-consuming to figure things out over the Board. Whether you see a need to invest time learning opening is a personal choice.

4. Chess psychology matters! No matter how bleak the situation, never lose heart. Losing it in your mind is often the real driver towards a game loss.

Thanks again for time reading this =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Play Chess in Singapore 2021 (COVID times)

It's probably been a year since I updated this chess blog. Due to the current global pandemic, over the board (OTB) chess has been so ba...